Top Five Apps College Students Are Addicted To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

You know that moment when you’re finally looking away from the tiny screen clutched in your hands long enough to notice someone is rudely staring right at it? And then, your first instinct is to shove that beloved device into the nearest pocket of your purse before whoever it is actually figures out whatever it is that you were doing.

Yeah, we’ve all been there, and really there isn’t a reason to be embarrassed, even if you were looking at photos of Justin Bieber snuggling with a kitten. Everyone has a guilty pleasure app that they escape to in their free time and to show you that you’re not alone, we’ve compiled a list of the top five rated apps that students use right here.  

5. BuzzFeed

Now, there’s no harm in checking out BuzzFeed. This app is full of amusing articles and quizzes, and it was ranked as the fifth most used app. Occasionally though, those awkward, yet irresistible articles pop up. I know I have been guilty of taking the “How Emotionally Unavailable Are You?” quiz, and let’s just say the results were more than humiliating.

4. Clumsy Ninja

According to Wired.com, Clumsy Ninja was downloaded 10 million times in the first week of its release. Becoming increasingly popular, Clumsy Ninja gives everyone the opportunity to have their own personal sidekick. The game consists of multiple training activities where you get to poke, prod and throw around your own little ninja in order to train him into becoming a stealthy weapon.

(Image)

3. Instagram

Throwback Thursdays, pictures of the snow and Woman Crush Wednesdays are all the rage on Instagram. But, why is that?  Why is it that scrolling through pictures of strangers and friends alike seems to be a stress reliever for us college students, and most recently noted, for middle schooler’s as well?

(Image)

2. Flappy Bird

For those of you who downloaded this app before it was removed from application stores, it’s obvious as to why this app makes users so frustratingly obsessed. The need to win an impossible situation makes consumers of this game constantly fail. It gets to the point where we ask ourselves “Why am I still playing this dumb game?” while refraining from throwing our phones against a wall.

(Image)

1. Snapchat

Seeing girls take numerous selfies while walking Chancellors walk is the new norm. Even though the image of their face will probably be a ridiculous impression of a duck, we’ve learned to accept this Snapchat addiction. We have all been there. Snapchat is too alluring to ignore. So much so that while in public places we still do it, regardless of what bystanders think.

(Image)