Study Break: Top 5 YouTubers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

With finals week coming up, everyone on campus is stressed out and cracked out on energy drinks. While I applaud you for your hard work and determination, I always need a study break, or two or three. It’s as easy as opening up a tab on your web browser and heading on over to YouTube. It’s so easy to get lost in YouTube, whether it’s watching cat videos or famous vloggers. Vlogging has become a career for many people around the world. Most Youtube celebrities started off as teenagers. 

Here’s a list on my go-to YouTubers

1. Zoella

Zoe is a British vlogger whose focus is on fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Zoe has two channels, her main channel, Zoella280390, has videos on everyday makeup routines, quick and easy hairstyles and so much more. Her second channel, MoreZoella, contains daily vlogs as she lets you in on her everyday life. Most of her daily vlogs are done when she is on extravagant holidays. The darling YouTube celebrity also does ‘collabs’ with other YouTubers, and those are always fun to watch.

2. Kingsley

Kingsley is vlogger with lots of personality. His videos are explicit at times, but he speaks for our generation. Kingsley’s videos are up to date on pop culture and are based on what everyone is currently talking about. His channel has a very unique ‘Annual 12 days of Overexposed Countdown’; his viewers vote on the top 12 topics that were overexposed in the media, and he uploads a video for each one of the top 12 topics.  Kinglsey has been vlogging for almost five years, he announced earlier this year that 2014 would be his last year in YouTube. Kinglsey’s input on all things pop culture are hysterical and bound to have you rolling on the floor laughing. Try not to watch his vlog at the library!

3. YouTube Boy Band:  MarcusAlfieCasperJim and Joe

Marcus Butler,  Alfie (Zoella’s Boyfriend) Deyes,  Casper Lee,  Jim Chapman and Joe Suggs are all successful vlogger on their own. Each of them have their own vlogs, some of them even have two! They are all known to be mates and are always doing ‘collabs’ with each other. In March they decided to create the YouTube Boy Band to support Sports Relief 2014: a charity in the UK to help British youth. They uploaded videos from their rehearsals, recording sessions, vocal coaching and much more! Their parody on typical boy bands is so funny, it’s sure to take you back to the good ol’ days of Backstreet Boys!

4. Tanya Burr

Tanya is a beauty, fashion and lifestyle vlogger just like Zoella! Tanya has videos on makeup tutorials, style guides, etc. Her fun character and bubbly attitude make her videos very entertaining. She is well known in the UK for her style and has been printed in magazines such as Marie Claire, GQ and The Sun, so she knows what she is talking about! . Tanya has just launched a collection of lip glosses and nail polishes in UK. Tanya is such a loveable person, you are very likely to hit the subscribe button. Fun fact: She is engaged to Jim from the YouTube Boyband!

5. Tyler Oakley

Last but not least is the fabulous Tyler Oakley, professional fan girl. Tyler’s celebrity has skyrocketed in the past year. Tyler currently has 4.2 million subscribers, making him one of the big YouTubers. Tyler is known to support LGBT youth, he just recently wrapped up a contest to support the Trevor”>http://www.thetrevorproject.org”>Trevor Project; fans donated money and with their donation they were entered to win the opportunity to fly to LA and have dinner with Tyler. His videos are always so relatable and hilarious; he is likely to put you in the most fabulous mood!