Songs from The Beatles that Everyone Should Know

While I was growing up, most of my music education was about the Beatles and how they changed the music industry and pop culture all over the world. In honor of Ariana Grande tying their Billboard record, I’ve been listening to my favorite band and re-experiencing their songs as an almost adult.

Their songs are still amazing and breathtaking today as they were when I first listened to them as a kid. So here are some of my favorite songs that everyone needs to listen to at one point.

P.S. If you never listened to the Beatles before, my heart slightly hurts and I’m not judging you (okay...maybe a little) so here is a good introduction to them.

"With a Little Help From My Friends"

So Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is my favorite album because of the variety of songs and the conspiracies of the album art (that’s another story, but google it). So there will be a decent amount of songs from that album like this one. This is one of the only songs that Ringo Starr has a singing solo on and it’s a fun transition from the first song of the album. You always need a little help from friends!  

"Blackbird"

This song is so simplistic with just a guitar and Paul McCartney’s voice with powerful lyrics like:

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to be free

"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"

This one of the first Beatles song that I learned all the lyrics to in first grade so it has a special place in my heart. Also, it’s a song about a cute little love story.

Ob-la-di ob-la-da life goes on brahhh

Lala how the life goes on

"Getting Better"

Another song from the Sgt. Pepper’s album is a good pick me up about life and experiences getting better in time. It gives you a pep in your step!

I've got to admit it's getting better (Better)

A little better all the time (It can't get no worse)

I have to admit it's getting better (Better)

It's getting better

Since you've been mine

"When I’m Sixty Four"

This is another cute song about what love is going to be when we grow older. This is another one that has been in my repertoire since I was in elementary school.

Will you still need me, will you still feed me

When I'm sixty-four

You'll be older too

And if you say the word

I could stay with you

"A Day in the Life"

This song is pretty different from the rest and it has a lot of baggage with it from the way it was recorded to the drug references in it. It starts off slow then goes into this orchestra section into an upbeat section about a person describing his day. Give it a good listen with headphones, it’s spectacular!

I read the news today, oh boy

About a lucky man who made the grade

And though the news was rather sad

Well, I just had to laugh

I saw the photograph

"All You Need is Love"

A classic Beatles song that is used and played for everything. It’s hard not to sing along and then sing it for the rest of the day!

There's nothing you can know that isn't known

Nothing you can see that isn't shown

There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be

It's easy

All you need is love

“Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.”

- John Lennon

[Photos from Google Images]