clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meghan Carey: President of Alpha Phi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Meghan Carey

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Year and Major: Senior, dual major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies

With this blonde beauty, there is more than what meets the eye.  Not only is she the President of the Eta Xi chapter of Alpha Phi, but she is an active member of the International Marketing Honors Society, the Mu Kappa Tau Fraternity, as well as an active member of Lambda Pi Eta, the Communication Studies Honor Society. If that isn’t enough, she also participates as a member of two Leadership Organizations, Omicron Delta Kappa and Sigma Alpha Lambda.

Although it may seem as if Meghan’s days are full of school related activities, she still manages to find time for herself.  She shared her secret as to how she juggles it all.

“It’s all about time management and being able to prioritize activities,” Meghan said. “Prioritizing what I need to do, over what I want to do is how I am successfully juggling so many different things,” she said.

In her free time, Meghan enjoys hanging out with her friends, going shopping and playing tennis.  She has been playing tennis for 16 years and was captain of her high school tennis team. Meghan has recently taken up Crossfit as well.

“The workouts are really tough, but I know once I’m done, I will feel great,” she said.

After graduation, Meghan said she would like to stay in Wilmington–she loves the beach too much to leave.  She hopes to find a job in Marketing and said her dream job would be to work for a non-profit organization or for TOMS shoes.  Whatever Meghan decides to do in the future, we are sure she will be extremely successful.  Best of luck to you, Meghan!

What is your favorite memory of being in Alpha Phi?

“There isn’t one in particular, but rather a lot of little ones. I have loved being the heart mascot every year for American Heart Association “Heart Walk” and being able to go to Alpha Phi’s Southeast Regional Conference for three years in a row, along with Alpha Phi Convention. The memories I have from these events will always be with me.”

What is the most valuable lesson you will take away from having such a prominent role in this organization?

“That you will always have people looking up to you, whether or not you know it, and as a leader it is your responsibility to make sure that you are always setting the example. You never know who you may be inspiring.”

Jillian is a senior at University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Public Relations and Marketing. As a beauty guru and magazine devotee, she loves being apart of the Her Campus Team! Jillian is an alumni member of the Eta Xi chapter of Alpha Phi International Fraternity as well as an active member of the UNCW’s Communication Studies Society. In her free time she loves hanging out with her friends, shopping, reading beauty blogs, watching movies, baking goodies, going out for sushi, and pinning! She is an avid lover of coffee and you can often find her at the nearest Starbucks. Keep up with Jillian on social media: Twitter @jill0gden (zero not and O) Instagram @jillogden Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jilllianrose/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/jillianogden