clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kayla Churchill: Senior Class President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Kayla Marie Churchill

Hometown: Emerald Isle, North Carolina

Year: Senior

Major: Political Science major with a minor in Pre-law and English

For Seahawk Seniors who don’t already know, Kayla Churchill is the Senior Class President.  Aside from keeping up with her classes and being the face for the senior student body, Kayla is actively involved in several other organizations on campus, as well.  She is a member of the Eta Xi chapter of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, an Engagement Guide at the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, a member of the Campus Outreach Council and an active member of Order of Omega.

When Kayla is not on campus, she can be found volunteering for local organization such as the Brigade Boys and Girls Club, the Good Shepherd Center and several senior homes in the community.  Through her job at the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, Kayla is currently taking part in a program call “Angel Tree” where she and her partner, Vanessa Kopp, arrange for underprivileged children in the community to receive Christmas gifts.

Kayla says, “I really enjoy being involved both on and off campus because it is a constant reminder of how truly blessed I am. By volunteering, I am repeatedly humbled by the people I come into contact with. I also enjoy being involved, because I truly like to do as much as I can for others and myself.  I always push myself to do more, hence why I am so involved.”

In her free time, Kayla enjoys playing volleyball, spending time with her friends and family, traveling and shopping.  After graduation she plans to attend law school and become an attorney in sports and entertainment.  It sounds to me like UNCW has its very own Elle Woods :)

Her favorite quote:

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”  -Margaret Mead

Jillian is a senior at University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Public Relations and Marketing. As a beauty guru and magazine devotee, she loves being apart of the Her Campus Team! Jillian is an alumni member of the Eta Xi chapter of Alpha Phi International Fraternity as well as an active member of the UNCW’s Communication Studies Society. In her free time she loves hanging out with her friends, shopping, reading beauty blogs, watching movies, baking goodies, going out for sushi, and pinning! She is an avid lover of coffee and you can often find her at the nearest Starbucks. Keep up with Jillian on social media: Twitter @jill0gden (zero not and O) Instagram @jillogden Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jilllianrose/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/jillianogden