This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

As the stress of finals week looms overhead, I find myself getting comfort in some of my favorite, feel-good Disney movies (thanks, Disney+!). This week, my roomies and I had a sing-along double-feature with Tangled and Frozen. As I watched, I found myself buying into the Rapunzel, Elsa, and Anna are cousins theory. I also began comparing the main love interests: Flynn/Eugene of Tangled fame and everyone’s favorite Ice Guy from Arendelle, Kristoff.

Eugene and Kristoff have a lot in common. They both (somewhat unwillingly) agree to take Rapunzel and Anna on some kind of journey to see or find something. They both find themselves falling in love with these princesses, and they both make sacrifices for them. And, in true Disney fashion, they are reunited with their princesses at the end. Ah, I just love love it!

Both these baes are wonderful, and it’s time to decide once and for all: who is better, Kristoff or Eugene?

ROUND ONE: Singing Ability

One of the main qualifications to be a Disney protagonist (unless you’re Patrick Dempsey’s character in Enchanted) is singing ability. Eugene shows off his pipes on many occasions, and his performance in “I See the Light” is still one of the best songs in Disney history, hands-down.

Kristoff’s only song in the first movie is “Reindeers Are Better Than People,” a fun, catchy song—but over in less than a minute. It’s not enough to showcase his talents.

WINNER: Eugene!

ROUND TWO: Relationship to Animal Companions

Eugene doesn’t get along well with Pascal and Maximus at first. There’s bad blood because of his reputation as a criminal, but at the end of the movie, they’re all thick as thieves (no pun intended).

Kristoff is an animal lover, and Sven is more like a best friend than a pet. They’ve been side by side since they were both small. Although talking for Sven is a little strange, it may or may not be what I do with my dogs…and aren’t they just adorable?

WINNER: Kristoff!

ROUND THREE: Style

Kristoff is awesome—but he spends most Frozen wearing the same fur outfit. The trolls also imply that he doesn’t have the best hygiene…

Eugene, however, always dresses to impress. Those boots, that vest; he’s serving looks. (And don’t get me started on his awesome look from Tangled Ever After.)

WINNER: Eugene!

ROUND FOUR: Voices Behind the Boys

Jonathan Groff is the voice of Kristoff. You might recognize him from his time on Glee as Jesse St. James or on Mindhunter as Holden Ford. He’s also been on Broadway multiple times, getting his first big role as Melchior in Spring Awakening. He’s probably most recognizable as King George from Hamilton.

Zachary Levi voices Eugene. Besides his time with Disney, he’s played Chuck in the spy TV show of the same name and Billy Batson in DC’s superhero movie, Shazam! He also has Broadway experience, having been in She Loves Me as Georg and Sunday in the Park with George as Jules.

WINNER: Since I was a “gleek” once…Kristoff/Jonathan!

ROUND FIVE: Relationships with Their Baes

Eugene and Rapunzel are an adorable couple. They save each other many times over the course of their movie, and the end implies their upcoming wedding (which we get to see in Tangled Ever After). However, the first half of the movie, Eugene—going by Flynn—is manipulating Rapunzel. It takes a while for him to be more genuine and honest.

Kristoff and Anna have more of a history, even if Anna doesn’t know it—the night Kristoff joined the trolls, he saw Grandpabbie heal her head. Although he isn’t so sure about taking her up the North Mountain, he agrees, and they quickly bond after saving each other from wolves and Marshmallow the Snowman. Even though he loves her, he lets her go back to Hans, but when he sees Arendelle is in trouble, runs back with only one thought on his mind: I have to help Anna!

WINNER: Kristoff!

The winner overall is…KRISTOFF!

What do you think? Who do you like better? And what Disney faves will you be watching over winter break?

-Rachel xo

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com and rebloggy.com.]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.