“Doctor Who” Quotes that Never Fail to Inspire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Recently, I rewatched a few episodes of Doctor Who, and it made me remember how much I’m inspired by the Doctor. Usually, the show is an amalgamation of science fiction silliness and (bad) CGI, but sometimes, it gets deep. There are times when it seems like the end is near, but the Doctor swoops in with a sonic screwdriver and some words of wisdom to turn things around. Here are a few of the most inspirational quotes from Doctor Who that I love to look back at when I need a boost!

“Before I go, I just wanna tell you, you were absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I.”

This is the last thing the Ninth Doctor said before he regenerated, and it’s one of my favorite quotes from the show. It’s funny, but also heartwarming and encompasses Nine’s personality! (Series 1, Episode 13)

“You want weapons? We’re in a library. Books! The best weapons in the world! This room’s the greatest arsenal we could have—arm yourselves!”

As a creative writing major, this line is one of the best of all time. It takes “the pen is mightier than the sword” to a new level. (Series 2, Episode 2)

“We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”

Another literary-related quote to hype me up during finals week! (Series 5, Episode 13)

“Love, it’s not an emotion. Love is a promise.”

Twelve likes to pretend he’s all grumpy all the time, but he’s secretly soft. This is one of the quotes that shows the Twelfth Doctor’s sweet side. (Series 8, Episode 12)

“We’re all capable of the most incredible change. We can evolve while still staying true to who we are. We can honor who we’ve been and choose who we want to be next.”

Everytime a new doctor is introduced, they give a speech in front of the first villain they face. It’s a way to get the viewers acquainted with their personality, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the show! (Series 11, Episode 1)

What quotes inspire you?

– Rachel x

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com.]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.