This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

From February 17th to the 19th, YOUniversity Drive’s Collegiate Fashion Week™ will be coming to UNC Wilmington! This is the second annual Collegiate Fashion Week™ that will be hosted in Wilmington, and new workshops will be brought to students to inform and guide students in the professional world.

There will be a total of four events held at UNC Wilmington, and each event holds a theme that represents different aspects of career planning and fashion forward ideas for a business environment.

Starting on Tuesday, February 17th, the first event will begin at 5:30pm in the Warwick Center. This even is titled “It’s Fashionable To…Have A Well-Dressed Resume & A Tailor-Made Network™”. This event will have speakers discussing the topic of résumés, and insight on what employers and recruiters are looking for.

The second event, “Pumps, Pearls & Politics: A Woman’s Guide to Winning™” & Style Demo, will be on Wednesday, February 18th at 6pm in the Student Fisher Union. This event tells all you need to know about what it’s like entering the workforce as a woman, along with some style tips to keep in mind for business attire.  

“SUITED FOR SUCCESS” Image Fair and Collegiate Fashion Week™ Grand Finale & Fashion Show are the final events held on Friday, February 19th.  Both events will be held in Warwick Center, the first one starting at 5pm and the second starting at 7 pm. The Collegiate Fashion Week Grand Finale & Fashion Show will feature UNC Wilmington students on the runway as they represent successful business attire!

Derrik Pace is a junior at UNCW, majoring in Business Management, and he will be one of the models for the event. He has been modeling and acting for a year and he hopes that students use this event to prepare them for their futures. 

“I decided to participate in this event to help educate the UNCW community on the importance of fashion and style in today’s world,” said Pace. “I also want to be a good influence and role model for others to follow around campus.”

Another model for this upcoming fashion week believes that it is endorsing many great things for our community.  Miranda Fabian is a sophomore Communication Studies major, and is new to the world of modeling. She tried out for last year’s Collegiate Fashion Week and was also in the running for their Extreme Career Makeover competition.

“I think that students should take away that there are many different ways to be beautiful, and people with so many different qualities can get up on that runway and strut their stuff,” said Fabian.

Alex Gomez is also new to modeling and he is Spanish Interpreter and Communication Studies major at Sampson Community College.

“What made me decide to be a part of the Collegiate Fashion Week is the opportunity to learn fresh and helpful fashion ideas that would help me succeed in getting a job, or simply look great at college,” said Gomez.

This fashion week, provided YOUniversity Drive, has a lot to teach students in any career field. This organization is located in Charlotte, NC and Michelle Horton is the founder and creator of Collegiate Fashion Week™. Having many students involved, and many ideas directed toward career success this event has plenty of applicable information for college students.