Campus Cutie, Sara Leidich

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Sara Leidich

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Durham, North Carolina

Major: Marine Biology

Relationship Status: Single

Sara Leidich is from Durham, North Carolina. Friends would describe her as crazy, funny and sassy. She loves making 3D art, singing and going to the beach. Read on to find out more about this cutie!

HC: What is your favorite quote?

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken”–Oscar Wilde

HC: What is one thing most people can’t tell about you by looking at you? 

That I’m hispanic. I’m ¼ Colombian on my mom’s side.

HC: How would your friends describe you? 

Crazy, funny… definitely sassy!

HC: What is your favorite UNCW memory so far? 

It was 1 a.m. and I was out cold. My roommate came in the room and hopped in my bed, got in my face and begged me to take her to McDonald’s. She was also very drunk at the time. I ended up driving her and she bought me fries and a tea. These are the memories I will never forget! Gotta love her!

HC: What made you choose to major in Marine Biology? 

When I had the chance to swim with dolphins, I just fell in love with them and fell in love with marine life. That’s what influenced me.

HC: What is your advice to fellow students? 

Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Have fun.

HC: If you could have lunch with one person dead or alive, real or imaginary, who would it be? 

The cute guy who works at Wag Out! (laughs)

I'm a Math major, Spanish minor, and lover of puns. Sometimes I eat cereal in the middle of the day. My mom seriously thought about naming me Ursula, and when she told me this later I got mad because I loved the Little Mermaid and she was gonna name me after the villain. Oh yeah and I really like to write. That's about all you need to know.