This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Kelly Williams 

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Anthropology 

Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah 

Relationship Status: Single 

Fun Facts:

Favorite Movie: Indiana Jones (I, II, and III, the fourth doesn’t count)  

Favorite fruit: Kumquat 

Favorite musician: Glass Animals or Fleetwood Mac 

Dream Vacation: A month long backpacking trip around the country of Iceland 

Dream pet: A llama or alpaca 

Dream Job: Working with either the CSI or the FBI

Kelly (left) and her friend Miranda (right).

HC: What are you involved in at UNCW?

KW: I am currently involved with a couple clubs including the Stand Up Paddle Board Club and recently I have joined the Plastic Ocean Project. I am also a brother in the Phi Sigma Pi honors fraternity chapter here on campus and through that I get to do a lot of volunteering around Wilmington. 

HC: What are your main goals in life? Where do you see yourself in five years?

KW: I wouldn’t say I have any set goals of where I see myself in five years. Hopefully, I will have graduated college and have a steady job (maybe with the FBI or CSI). I really just want to be in a place in my life where I am happy with who I am as a person. I think that you can have a million jobs that will make the big bucks but if you don’t like the person that you have become because of that job then it is not what you are meant to be doing in your life. I don’t want to close myself to any opportunities I might come across just because of a set five year plan I created when I was only 19.  

HC: What is your “guilty pleasure” movie and why?

KW: My “guilty pleasure” movie would have to be The Last Song. Who can go wrong with Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus? I like it because it makes you feel so many emotions throughout, you’ll laugh, cry, want to throw something at the TV. But in the end the bond of family and love pull out the victory.  

HC: What is your ideal date?

KW: My ideal date would probably involve doing something fun and interactive. Something that gets us out of the movie and dinner dating box. This could be anything from going on a sunset hike, going to the aquarium or even something cliché like mini golfing. Really just being able to get out and do something we both enjoy while learning more about each other. 

[Photos courtesy of Kelly Williams]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".