This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Kayla Barrier

Year: Sophomore

Major: Chemistry

Hometown: Charlotte, NC 

Fast Facts

Favorite food: Flaming Hot Cheetos

Favorite movie: The Blind Side, The Last Song

Favorite sport: Football

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

KB: I’m very involved with Chi Omega. I occasionally enjoy Chemistry Club as well.

HC: What do you love most about UNCW?

KB: I love the size of the campus. It’s perfect to where I can always see someone I know, but also meet new people.

HC: You’re by yourself in the car; what song are you singing?

KB: Mostly throwbacks like some old Fergie, Beyonce, and Gwen Stefani.

HC: Which actor would you choose to play you in a movie?

KB: Miley Cyrus, people used to say we looked alike until she went crazy and shaved her head.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

KB: Going to get some Starbucks, and chillin’ on the beach.

HC: Tell me something most people don’t know about you. 

KB: I was the youngest teenager in the Charlotte region to receive a lumbar fusion back surgery until last year, when I was replaced.

HC: What are three things you look for in a guy?

KB: I look for someone who listens to me, someone that makes me laugh, and, most importantly, someone I love being around.

HC: What is your biggest turn off?

KB: Smoking. I don’t think it’s attractive whatsoever.

HC: And last but not least, what is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

KB: As Hannah Montana once said, “Life’s what you make it, so let’s make it rock.”

Photo courtesy of Kayla Barrier.

Gabriella is a twenty-something Floridian who has taken her love of waterfront living and sandy toes to Wilmington, NC! When she's not imprinting her body frame on the beach or stocking up on excessive jars of peanut butter, Gabriella can be found in the lines of Dunkin Donuts scrolling through Pinterest in the search of the perfect apartment decor. Her dream profession is to work for a women's magazine with an emphasis on millennial empowerment. Follow her on Twitter, @gabby_dionisio!