Campus Celeb: Sarah Helmy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Sarah Helmy

Major: Biology

Hometown: Charlotte

Age: 20

Instagram Handle: s.helmy_

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

SH: I am the Social Chair of Student Ambassadors, the secretary of the Undergraduate Student National Dental Association, and the Vice President of Service of the Honors Scholars Association.

HC: What made you decide to become a Student Ambassador?

SH: I love UNCW and I thought the best way to give back to my school and represent it in the best way possible is to be a Student Ambassador. Definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made here at UNCW and I’ve met so many people in this org that are like family to me now.

HC: What is your favorite thing about UNCW?

SH: The people for sure! Everyone is so nice and I just love the atmosphere here.

HC: What do you hope to pursue after graduation?

SH: I want to go to dental school and hopefully become a cosmetic dentist.

HC: What is something that not many people know about you?

SH: Throughout grade school, I moved schools a lot and went to six different schools, which was hard in the beginning but thinking back on it now I realize that it really taught me to adapt to different situations and environments.

HC: What show are you binge watching right now?

SH: Friends

[Photos courtesy of Sarah Helmy]

Julia is currently a Senior at UNCW studying Business, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Spanish. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing for a company working towards environmental sustainability and stewardship. Her humorous and honest disposition shows through her writing here at Her Campus. Some of her favorite hobbies include painting, pottery, yoga, cooking and making people laugh.