This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Jillian Collins

Age: 19

Major: Undecided but I’m leaning towards Public Health in order to do something with nutrition!

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Bedford, NH

Favorite show to binge: My 600 Pound Life on Hulu lol my roommate and I are OBSESSED

Favorite beverage: Lemonade

HC: What are you involved in on campus? Student Ambassadors and my Learning Community!

JC: What made you interested in being involved with those organizations? Student Ambassadors gives tours (and does many other things as well) and ever since high school, I’ve wanted to give tours SO BAD. I’ve made so many amazing friends through the org and have had the coolest experiences so far! I joined a Learning Community because my mom wanted me to (lol) but I actually loved it! Such a great way to meet people on campus!

HC: What is your favorite memory/experience at UNCW?

JC: When all of my friends from this year put our deposits on our housing for next year together! Or anytime that I watch a sunset on Wrightsville with a smoothie bowl in my hand, that’s a pretty great time too. I’m a simple gal.

HC: What is some advice you would give to an incoming freshman?

JC: Get out of your comfort zone! Try new things! Eat new foods! Meet new people! Get out of your dorm! Be proud of who you are! Be yourself! Own it! Also wag doesn’t open till 10 on the weekends so plan ahead!

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

JC: Travel as much as possible, laugh as much as possible, and see as many sunsets as I can

HC: Fun fact about you?

JC: Last year I went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, stayed in an orphanage during a humanitarian trip in Guatemala, and hiked Machu Picchu! Hit me up on insta @jilliancollinss if you want to see some pics ;)

If you happen to see Jillian on campus, maybe even giving a tour, make sure to give her a warm smile! Also, seriously follow her on Instagram because her pics are actually amazing. 

[Photos courtesy of Jillian Collins]

Julia is currently a Senior at UNCW studying Business, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Spanish. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing for a company working towards environmental sustainability and stewardship. Her humorous and honest disposition shows through her writing here at Her Campus. Some of her favorite hobbies include painting, pottery, yoga, cooking and making people laugh.