This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Cameron Meredith

Year: Transfer student, rising Senior

Major: Psychology and International Studies (Concentration in Europe)

Minor: German

Hometown: Queens, N.Y. 

Cameron and Andréa Cordón Stacey at Wilmington Fashion Weekend.

Cameron has been rocking around Wilmington with fashion designers and models for the past two weeks, which is why we chose him to be our celeb! Not only is Cameron a leader, but he is kind-hearted, brave and extremely fashionable. Learn more about Cameron here! 

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

CM: I am the president of the UNCW Style and Modeling Organization (STYMO), a member of the transfer student organization, a My Stand mentor, an International Student Orientation Leader and mentor, and I am a member of the Student Veterans.

HC: Tell us a little more about STYMO and how it all started.

CM: I thought of STYMO after noticing the huge amount of potential on our campus. So many people have style and are stylish, but the flip-side to that is so many people just throw on tank tops and shorts every day. UNCW didn’t have an organization where students could express their artistic fashion sense or style, or even get connected with modeling, so I thought why not create an outlet instead of looking for one. 

Cameron and the model team at Wilmington Fashion Weekend

HC: What are your hopes for the Future?

CM: I hope to go into Psychological Research in the future, but anything is possible, so I keep all options open. 

HC: Why did you choose UNCW?

CM: I chose UNCW because it was top ranked for focus on academics in the southeast region. I went to a big sports school, and I hated it. I wanted more focus on academia over a sports program, and UNCW offered that.

HC: Do you have any advice for other students?

CM: Set goals, reach them, and then, set new ones. Every professional was once an amateur, remember that. 

Photos courtesy of Facebook. 

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.