This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Anderson McNaull

Year: Senior

Hometown: Raleigh 

Major: Double Major in Communication Studies and Marketing Strategy 

Relationship Status: Single

Anderson is a very involved student and loves all things UNCW. He is President of UNCW Student Ambassadors, a member of the High Seas, Cameron Executive Network and Lambda Pi Eta. He’s planning on going to grad school for Marketing Research. 

HC: What is your best memory from UNCW?

AM: My whole experience at UNCW has been so incredible and something I know I will always cherish. If I had to narrow it down to just one moment, I would have to say being able to study abroad in Bremen, Germany with other UNCW students. During this time we took business classes, embraced the German culture, and got to see Germany win the World Cup while in Berlin! Without UNCW, I don’t think I would have been able to have this great experience. Other school traditions including oozeball, beach blast, and wagsgiving are also at the top of my list! 

HC: What is the best advice you can give to incoming freshman?

AM: If I had one piece of advice for incoming freshmen, I would tell them to get involved! You have the power to make the most of your college experience, so you might as well find something that peaks your interest and have a great time with other students. Throughout my four years at UNCW I have been heavily involved with the High Seas, UNCW’s only all male a cappella group, and also with Student Ambassadors. Each organization has brought me a sense of home and family while improving many communication skills. Becoming a student leader will only allow you to excel – so get involved! 

HC: What is the best date you have been on?

AM: Since we live in such a beautiful area, I would say the best date would include good tunes, a sunset on the South End of Wrightsville Beach and warm weather with a breeze. Tower 7 after and making rounds through my favorite beach bars.

HC: What is the coolest thing you have ever done?

AM: One of the coolest things I’ve ever done would have to be getting to travel to Kenya and work with children in HIV / AIDS orphanages. After spending a few weeks in Northeastern Kenya playing with kids and mosquito nets, we got to go on a safari in the MAsai Mara. We saw lions, giraffes, elephants, etc. It was an awesome experience and really made me appreciate the life I get to live.

HC: What will you miss the most from college?

AM: When I think about leaving Wilmington, I have very bittersweet feelings. I’m eager to continue on and achieve big goals that I have set for myself, but I know I’ll miss this place that has become home. When stressed or upset I go out to the beach, go for a run, and regain a sense of clarity. I’ll miss $1 tacos, our beautiful campus, and the great friends I have made. Thank you Wilmington for an incredible four years! I’ll be back to visit.