This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Allie Minchin

Age: 21

Class: Senior

Hometown: Beaufort, NC

Major: Biology

Relationship Status: Taken

Meet Allie Minchin, a smart, kind and loving 21-year-old student at UNCW. She loves spending time with her adorable service dog, Walter, as well as her sisters of Alpha Xi Delta! When she is at home she also enjoys boating with her family and boyfriend!  

HC: What is your ideal date?

AM: My ideal date would be a date in New York City during Christmas time with my boy.

HC: If you could go on a date with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?

AM: I would really to just love to go on a date with my Grandma Sandy. She passed away when I was just a little girl, so I don’t remember much of her. But hearing the stories from my dad and his two sisters convinces me she was an incredible woman, full of wisdom and compassion. She was a person that would put anyone else before herself and her door was always open. I wish there were more people like that in this world, but I would love to just sit and listen to her stories and her life advice.

HC: If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?

AM: I would live in Hawaii, because of the beach, duh. and I love the vibes of island culture and traditions they have. Also pineapple…so much fresh, delicious pineapple.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

AM: I have a couple obsessions..mainly One Tree Hill, New Girl, and Greys Anatomy.

HC: What is your dream job?

AM: My dream job is to do anything with helping animals, which can be so many different avenues with my degree…reasons why I’m so in denial about graduating! I would love to eventually become a vet. But in the meantime, going to Thailand and working at a rescue and rehabilitation center to help restore the elephant population is something I have always dreamed of doing.

Photo credit to Allie Minchin

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor