yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

6 Reasons Why Fall is The Only Season That Matters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

As summer fades, we’re forced to say a bittersweet goodbye to our sunshiny days spent poolside and the countless trips made to our favorite ice cream shop. But we must remember that when summer becomes a thing of past, fall has officially arrived. And don’t get me wrong–as much as I love sweating like a pig and refraining from responsibilities, there is something about the earth’s welcoming of fall that makes the departure with summer that much easier. 

1. The weather is perfect. 

Running outside, walking to classes, and driving with the windows down are some of the most simplistic joys of fall. 

2. Pumpkin flavored everything. 

This is the only time where you can order as many PSL’s as you want, bake an excessive amount of pumpkin pies, and break out the pumpkin scented hand soap (yes, that is a thing, and it is life changing). 

3. Fall dates are the best dates. 

There are so many cheap, cute date ideas that come with fall. Go apple picking, find a pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins together, take a hay ride, go to the state fair. The options to spend some quality time with your significant other are limitless. 

4. 13 Nights of Halloween is back!

Kicking off Monday, October 19th you can catch all your favorite Halloween movies. Best way to reminisce on your childhood? I think so. 

5. Back to back holidays. 

Pick the perfect costume to spend a night out on Halloween with your besties…

… and enjoy some quality time and delicious homemade food with those who matter most on Thanksgiving. 

6. Fall fashion is the only fashion that matters. 

As soon as the season rolls around, so do scarves, leggings, boots, and oversized sweaters. This season’s clothes are not only the most comfortable, but also the most adorable. Not to mention, shaving your legs becomes totally optional. 

All GIFs/images courtesy of giphy.com.

Gabriella is a twenty-something Floridian who has taken her love of waterfront living and sandy toes to Wilmington, NC! When she's not imprinting her body frame on the beach or stocking up on excessive jars of peanut butter, Gabriella can be found in the lines of Dunkin Donuts scrolling through Pinterest in the search of the perfect apartment decor. Her dream profession is to work for a women's magazine with an emphasis on millennial empowerment. Follow her on Twitter, @gabby_dionisio!