neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways To Bring Your Grades Up Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

With the semester quickly coming to a close and the light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible, you may or may not need to bump your grades up before finals. It’s not new to any of us to stress out last minute before final grades are submitted. So here are a few things to start doing now to get that rockin’ grade before finals roll around:

1. Go to Class

This should go without being said, especially if it’s reflecting in your grade. Going to class is the number one thing to do if you want to boost your grade up before finals. Not only are you receiving all information you need in order to get that A+ on that project, but you are actively showing you are engaged, which can help sway your professor into giving extra credit if needed.

2. Ask for Help

Going along with number one, if you need help, just ask! I have never had a professor who wasn’t eager to help me in any way to get the grade that I wanted if I just simply asked for help. Some professors may or may not give extra credit, but asking never hurt anyone. There are also many resources to lean on to if your struggling with a class. Your school’s learning centers offer amazing tutors to help with anything you may need.

3. Start a Study Group

If you’re struggling in a class, you are not the only one. Find classmates who are willing to meet up once or twice a week to go over material you may not be grasping. Study groups are great because not only can you benefit from it, but you can also help others understand things they may be having a hard time with.

4. Break up Study Time

If you have an important exam coming up that could determine whether or not you receive an A in a course, study smartly. If you break up your study time and look over notes once every day leading up to the exam for 30 min or so, it can prevent you from cramming the night before, and stressing yourself out even more. Time management is incredibly crucial to receive a good grade in any class, and now would be a good time to start.

5.Don’t Stress

Stressing yourself out causes a lack of sleep, focus, and overall unnecessary anxiety. Taking problems step-by-step and writing a list of things you need to accomplish by priority, can help organize your thoughts without straining yourself.

Finals are never fun, and neither is stressing about grades. If you incorporate these tips into your study routine, you’ll pass with flying colors come finals week. Good Luck!

Tally

[Gifs Courtesy of WordPress]

Natalia Pavel is currently Senior at UNCW studying communication and digital art, hoping to pursue a career in marketing or graphic design. Her passions include graphic design and writing. She's always starting new projects, and gets inspiration from the beach where she resides during the school year. You will most likely find her with her computer working on Adobe InDesign at a local coffee shop.