This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

1. Cream sweater. You can pair a cream sweater with any scarf, accessory, leggings or jeans. It’s something you can throw on for class or dress it up for a night out. Plus, it’s comfy! They’re easy to find online or at local stores.

2. Dark Jeans.  Finding the right pair of jeans can be the ultimate struggle. Even if you don’t want to splurge for a designer pair, finding a staple pair is essential for the fall. Be on the hunt for jeans that fit the right way.

3. Bold colors. For this season we typically like to stick to dark shades, but bold colors are coming back this fall! Don’t be afraid to try an emerald green scarf with a black sweater. Try to not stay too dark with your wardrobe this season.

4. Boots & Booties. Of course we need to have our boot collection ready to go for the fall. Obviously, we have the signature black or brown tall riding boots to pair with jeans and leggings. But, keep in mind that booties are in style and fun. Sometimes we need to switch it up and wear a bootie with a little heel to add some flair to the season.

5. Fur. We can’t forget fur vest, coats, scarves…you name it. Fur is not only is fashionable, but also comfortable. It’s soft and will keep you warm, too. Pairing a fur vest with a cream sweater will add some style to your look, so don’t be scared to try a little fur this season.

Pictures courtesy of Pinterest