As a northerner attending school in the south, it’s definitely a culture shock. Here are a few things that you have to get adjusted to:
1. Sorority or not, everything is monogrammed. E-v-e-r-y-thing.
2. Almost every guy holds the door open for you.
3. Any older woman seeing you struggle hungover in the morning and hitting you with a “Bless your heart”. At first you think it’s a genuine “you go girlfriend, been there done that”, but you eventually realize she thinks you’re riding the hot mess express a little too hard.
4. Y’all overload.
5. On the rare occasion you go five miles over the speed limit you feel like Vin Diesel in Tokyo Drift.
6. Cars aren’t made with turn signals.
7. If a snowflake falls, everyone forgets how to drive, which is ironic because nearly everyone drives a truck.
8. Cookout. Thank you.
9. You know sorority girls that are packing heat.
10. You get asked regularly if you’ve ever had sweet tea.
and maybe the hardest thing to adjust to…..
11. Not being able to buy liquor on Sundays……