10 Ways to Accessorize Your Outfit All Year Long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.
  1. Boho Headbands are perfect for a lazy day and are a fun way to add some color to your everyday outfit. This accessory also makes getting ready super easy when having a not so great hair day! Either style your hair into a bun, ponytail, or even leave it hanging down your back and rock a trendy headband.

(stylecaster.com)

1. Hoop Earrings are a great way to dress up any outfit, whether you’re rocking a dress or a simple tee and jeans. Jewelry, such as earrings, is always found in silver and gold; however gold continues to be the popular color of choice.

(people.com)

1. Watches are great for telling time, but also as a trendy piece of arm candy. Michael Kohrs watches are seen on the wrists of many, but watches with designs, like the world map, have become popular, too!

(francescas.com)

1. Stackable Bracelets are another trendy way to add color to an outfit or simply accessorize. Brands, like Alex and Ani, have fashionable bracelets with colorful beads or with simple charms! Other perfect stackable arm candy are braided or woven bracelets. 

(freepeople.com)

1. Layering Necklaces is a new way of style– pair a shorter necklace with a longer necklace. The most commonly seen layered necklace is with a plain bar necklace for the shorter strand and the longer one will have some sort of beading, whether it be a triangle or some other shape. There are other variations of this trend that make for a great accessory as well!

(theoxfordtrunk.com)

1. Cardigans are a must have when accessorizing any outfit. A simple sweater with a dress or even a jean shirt is the perfect combination to make heads turn as you walk by. Neutral colors such as brown, black, grey, tan or yellow are all optimal shades for a cardigan. 

(luulla.com)

1. High socks or knee socks are perfect with boots in the fall or even any closed toed shoes all year round. With boots that come up closer to your knee you can scrunch the high socks down above the boot to create the desired look. As for shoes such as vans, pulling the knee socks up to their full length and it makes another fashionable trend!

(prettydesigns.com)

1. Classic Studs are a simple and easy accessory that match with nearly anything you wear. Gold studs, diamond studs or pearls are a very classy look. There are also more Aztec-designed studs that have become quite popular in the fashion world. Triangular shaped studs are often seen among all ages. 

(urbanoutfitters.com)

1. Rings and lots of them are a great accessory to pull off this season. Middle rings are the new trend, as well as bold rings. Be sure to stock up on all shapes and sizes and pair them all together!

(jeweliq.com)

1. Scarves are a popular accessory, no matter what the season may be. In the winter, infinity scarves woven or quilted and any color are worn by a widespread of people. Other styles for scarves are tying knots at the ends and wearing it around your neck for a fashionable trend. In the spring, lighter scarves can be worn as well!

(uoionline.com)

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor