10 Reasons You Need to Celebrate Galentine’s Day This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Whether you’re in a committed relationship, talking to somebody ~special~, or basically dating your cat, you need to stop worrying about Valentine’s Day and start planning for the best day of the year: Galentine’s Day!

What is Galentine’s Day you ask? Coined by everybody’s favorite Parks and Rec character, Leslie Knope, it’s a day where you and all your best gals get together and celebrate your incredible friendship and love for one another. And, just in case you aren’t sold yet, here are 10 reasons why you need to celebrate this awesome holiday.

#1: It’s an excuse to hit up all your favorite places and talk about your memories, share your funniest stories, catch up on life, and celebrate the amazing people around you.

#2: Your friends have been there for you throughout all the shitty guys, tears shed, and Valentine’s Days gone so horribly wrong.

#3: Not to mention, you know you can tell these girls anything and they’ll be there for you no matter what.

#4: Which also means that they won’t judge you if the night gets a little out of hand…

#5: Because let’s face it: If you’re doing something stupid, your girls are right next to you.

#6: And you know how you try to watch what you eat on dates? Not this one. Eating too much is not only encouraged, but expected.

#7: Not only will the night be filled with dancing and sugar comas, but you’ll be showered in compliments because dammit, you’re amazing and deserve to hear it.

#8: Also, can we talk about all the Insta-worthy pics that will be taken throughout the night? It’s Girls Night… anything goes.

9. But whatever it is that you and all your BFFs decide to do, make sure that this Galentine’s Day is one you’ll talk about forever.

10. And most importantly, remember the motto for the night:

And don’t let anyone tell you differently.

Photos courtesy of giphy.com

Gabriella is a twenty-something Floridian who has taken her love of waterfront living and sandy toes to Wilmington, NC! When she's not imprinting her body frame on the beach or stocking up on excessive jars of peanut butter, Gabriella can be found in the lines of Dunkin Donuts scrolling through Pinterest in the search of the perfect apartment decor. Her dream profession is to work for a women's magazine with an emphasis on millennial empowerment. Follow her on Twitter, @gabby_dionisio!