This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCO chapter.

There are a ton of eye opening experiences that every girl should try over the summer. It is a time to re-invent yourself and relax!

1.      Dye your hair! I’m serious! This is the most fun way to reinvent yourself into the woman you want to become. Summer is the perfect time to try something new because if you end up hating it, there is always time to dye it back.

2.      Hit the gym! Working out makes you feel good about yourself. Become a more happier and healthier you! Yoga is perfect for relaxing while also getting in a hard workout.

3.      Take a trip: Ok I know we are not all made out of money, but even a trip up to the mountains is so worth it! Get away for a couple days and experience all that life has to offer. One adventure can change you entire outlook on life!

4.      Volunteer: This not only looks good on a resume, it also brings out the better person inside of you. Helping others really changes your outlook on life, you will become a more selfless you. In my opinion it is less exhausting.

5.      Try something new: Anything at all that you have been wanting to try, but are afraid. Facing your fears is a great way to grow as a person, and you will be so proud of yourself that you did. You will feel like you can take on the world!

I hope these tips really help you make the most out of your summer vacation. Try to find some time between work and your summer classes to have some fun. You won’t regret it!