How to Prepare for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCO chapter.

How to Prepare for Finals

So finals week is approaching and anxiety is starting to set in, for many of you. The only way to relieve that anxiety is to be prepared for finals week. Here are some tips on how to be fully prepared for finals week so that you will receive the best grades yet!

1. Make sure all of your laundry is finished: If your room is organized, you will be as well. Plus, you will have yoga pants clean and ready to go every day of the week. That has got to be one of the best feelings on the world. Just saying.
  2. Pamper yourself: It is nice to have freshly painted nails before you take a test. It makes you feel put together. To compliment your nails, try exfoliating your hands and feet so that there is no embarrassment on top of test anxiety.
  3. Know your current class grade: If you know where you stand in the class, you know how well you need to do on the final. This ensures that you study more for the test for the class that you may want a higher grade in.
  4. Do your homework: Sometimes we all may think that teachers assign pointless assignments before finals week, but they don’t. Just these assignments to your advantage. They can help you discover if you need help in that subject, or if you are sure to get an A. It is also a great conversation starter with your teacher to find out what will be on the final.
  5. STUDY: The obvious tip is to study. The more you study, the more prepared you will be to preform your best on the test. I would recommend to start studying two weeks before finals week. It takes less stress of off cram sessions because you WON’T need cram sessions!

Make it a point to prepare for finals week this semester. It will ensure that you get the best grades possible. When your life is together and organized, so are you! Good luck girls!