This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Hello Lovely People! I hope that you are doing awesome and getting ready to end the semester with a bang! Most importantly, I hope everyone is still talking about how great their Spring Break trip was or talking about stuff that happened that you’ll never forget. I know I had an unforgettable spring break with my friends, but I also learned a lot from planning a trip with my friends as well!

1. I learned to make sure that all of your friends are involved in the planning!

It is already stressful trying to plan trips, especially long distance trips, with a group of people. When considering where people would like to stay, how they want to get there (transportation), or even down to what they want to do for food on the daily, it’s important that everyone is involved. When everyone is involved no one can complain when things don’t go their way, since they agreed to it beforehand…..*insert the ‘shaking my head emoji’*.

2. I learned that you want to make sure to have the right group of friends!

Again, planning is always a lot of work….but with the right group of friends, all of the planning is worth it! Make sure to go on a trip with people that like to do the same stuff you like to do, or don’t mind doing a variety of activities. If you want to sightsee, make sure your group of friends is cool with going to check out the sights around you. Trips can get messy and become a headache if everyone is not on the same page of what is expected out of the trip. Save your friendships and time by just being upfront in the planning stage before you all leave for the trip.

3. One last thing I learned is that a lot of times things will not go as planned.

And that’s okay! You may have an idea of an event or place you want to go to, but by the time you get to your destination, you may be tired or can never fit that place or event into your schedule. If things change, it’s fine as long as you and your friends are flexible. Go with the flow when you are on a trip and just remember that you are there to relax and have fun! Don’t put too much pressure on “staying on track” with a schedule. It’s better to just go and see what your destination has to offer you!

Well these are a few things I learned, and I have plenty more, but I would love to hear some things you all learned from going on trips with friends? Let me know in the comments and let’s chat about it.