This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

How many of you love being involved on campus?  Well, I do!

Being involved on campus has led me to many opportunities, friendships, knowledge, and many other things that I would not have learned outside of my organizations. Also, being involved on campus allows you to have fun outside of your classes and work.

At UNCG, we have so many organizations and they seem to be growing every day! Ask yourself, what is the benefit of being in an organization?

• Will you learn a new skill?

• Be educated on a social issue?

• Network with future co-workers and employers?

• Or just explore a passion you have been wanting to pursue? ….

No matter what, please get involved!

To get you started, I have listed below some fairly new organizations to our campus ☺

1. The Womanist Society at UNCG

“TWS is a college student collective at UNCG built upon womanism and black feminist theory.” – The Womanist Society‘s Twitter Bio

2. Straight.Curled.Locd

“Where men and women can come together and learn about ourselves, our health and OUR HAIR !” – Straight.Curled.Locd’s  Twitter Bio

3. And of course, Her Campus at UNCG!

“A collegiettes guide to life- Her Campus UNCG is the official branch of http://Hercampus.com .”- Her Campus’ Twitter Bio

Take the time to get to involved with some of these awesome organizations and more!

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.