This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

After three long months, on Bid Day I was finally able to run home. Run home? What does that even mean? To those who don’t know, running home is the act of running to the sorority you received a bid from, or in my case finally re-affiliating with my beloved sorority. For the past three months I haven’t been able to talk to my sisters, wear my letters, or associate with them in any manner. I was a recruitment counselor, meaning I gave up my letters to help other girls find theirs. Though it was long and there were days I missed my little diamond and best friends terribly, I knew running home would be worth it. And I was so right.

People like to joke that Bid Day is the closest thing UNCG has to football (though we do have a club team!) considering the amount of tackles you witness. And though I will be sore and bruised for the rest of the week, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I loved my job as a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi) and it allowed me to meet so many more greek women, but nothing can replace the love of my sorority. Running home is an experience like no other, and something nothing can replace.

So now you’ll find me on campus repping my letters and hanging with my sisters again. As cheesy as it sounds, three months was too long and I couldn’t be more excited to be apart of my wonderful chapter again. But I’ll still keep my friends from my time as a Pi Chi, so don’t worry there, Greek Life is small enough at UNCG to know and befriend everyone. And that’s what makes these homes so special to us.

I am a student at UNC-Greensboro and am double majoring in International and Global Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies with minors in Dance and Spanish. I have always had a passion for writing, and love being involved on campus. I recently studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa and hope to go back some day.