The end of the semester is arguably the most stressful time of your college experience. There are papers and projects and exams and all leading up to finals, which you have about no time to prepare for until after LDOC. But, you’re so close to summer you can taste it. This is what it’s like to prepare for finals, as told by the lovely April Ludgate from Parks and Rec.
1. Showers become more or less optional. Let’s be real, there aren’t always enough hours in the day and sometimes showers get pushed off until tomorrow.
2. You work so hard to complete the project that you don’t have time to prepare the presentation. So, when it comes time to stand up in front of the class, a steady stream of BS flows out like you planned it.
3. You drink to make everything seem more exciting. Wine, beer, cocktails, anything to bring some fun into the drab homework routine.
4. Your inner monster emerges and no one wants to be around you. It’s ok though, you don’t want to be around them either.
5. You begin to say anything to justify eating your favorite unhealthy meal…again. And let’s be honest, you deserve it.
6. You finally have time to look at your final exam study guides and realize you’ve forgotten everything. Looks like 12 hours of searching powerpoints and skimming the textbook.
7. Your friends learn to just go with whatever you say, because angering the beast is not wise. They know you’ll do the same for them too.
8. Basically everything makes you unhappy and/or sick to your stomach.
9. You try and ask your classmates for help, but they have no idea what’s going on either. At least you’ll fail together.
10. But most importantly, you still have your friends to help you get through it all. And they rock.
The moral of the story is, exams suck but friends rock. So lean on them.