This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

As the end of the school year is slowly approaching, Universities welcome in new freshman to let them explore themselves and get a taste of what the real world has to offer. Although I am still a freshman in the second semester, I want to share some of common misconceptions of what high schoolers may really think about freshman year.

1. You will gain freshman 15 – Gaining the freshman 15 is a myth if you actually work at setting goals to eat better and getting in those weekly workouts. If you already have a busy schedule managing your workload, try consistently eating healthier when it’s time to eat.

2. You’ll make so many friends from orientation – When I attended orientation I only met like two to three friends. Majority of the time you’ll be sitting through presentations about the school and being asked to do countless ice breaker games with people who have no interest in talking.

3. College is harder than high school – There are definitely some aspects that will challenge your brain in college. But if you organize yourself and have a good work pace, you will do just fine I promise. I recommend getting work done ahead of time, so that way you can review before class and come in with questions the next day to ask your professor about.

4. Even if you skip a lot of classes you’ll still pass – If you can skip more than three classes and still pass, I would love for you to contact me and teach me your ways. Depending if your professor actually takes attendance, I would still recommend going to class since that is why you’re at college right?

5. You’ll be broke – Not if you get a job! :)

College can be the greatest four years of your life. Try to not worry so much about the little things in life and take a look at the big picture once in a while. Continue growing into a better person, learn from your mistakes, and just have fun! Good luck to everyone who is wrapping up their last year in high school!