Finals Week Birthdays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

For people who are born in late April/Early May as well as late November/Early December, you may find out that an exam falls on your birthday and you cannot do anything that day. Another possibility is that you have your birthday free but the days surrounding it make it impossible to celebrate. I have a few ideas that you can do to celebrate your birthday as well as still pass all of your exams. What’s the point in being one year older if you’re a year behind in school?

1. Celebrate your birthday in advance.

If you are someone who likes to share what you did for your birthday, then you’ll be displeased if all you actually did on that day was study. So instead of having nothing to post or share with others, celebrate your birthday a few days or weeks ahead of schedule so that you have something to post and be thankful for when you’re special day arrives.

2. Celebrate your birthday after.

If you are in between thinking that your birthday is just ‘another day’ and that your is the best day of the year then perhaps it’s best to celebrate after the exams are over. You’re not stressed, you still get to celebrate it, and, if you got great grades, then that’s your birthday present from the school.

3. Do a mini celebration

If you’re one of the people who believe that your birthday is just another day and that studying is far more important, then you should take a break from studying and give yourself a birthday cupcake or treat yourself to an inexpensive gift that you have wanted. It’s the least you can do for yourself, and you get something to make the studying a little more bearable.

4. Celebrate it anyway!

This is for the people who are already prepared for their exams and birthday. If you have an exam on your birthday and know that you aced it, then you should be able to celebrate a little before getting back to studying (or leaving if you’re lucky to have your last exam on your birthday).

Whatever you do for your birthday, make the best out of it as well as your grades. No sense in being unhappy with great grades or happy in the moment and stressed out during exams.

Just a small town girl, living in an aggressive double standard, minority fetching world.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.