This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

(Photo by: Jeff Davis)

Brittany Davis is a Senior at UNCG majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Entrepreneurship. She is also is very talented in performing guitar and singing and hopes to pursue that in the future.

Q: How long have you been performing? What’s the history there?

A: “Wow. Ok, so I got my first guitar when I was four. I got really into playing guitar when I was eight because when I was four I was too young to play it a lot. I was taking guitar lessons and at 13 I played my first show ever. Everyone was at the football game against our rivals and I was playing a show downtown. Ever since then I [have] taken it and run with it because it’s just fun.”

Q: What do you hope for when you are performing both for you and the audience?

A: “I want to feel a connection with them [the audience]. I want them to feel something when I sing a song. And I want them to come back.”

Q: What event are you playing for UNCG?

A: “It’s called Wall of Hope. It’s an event for domestic violence against women. I was actually in class and they were like we’re putting this event together and we have different groups and I am in the performing group. We had to find people to perform and I found myself. I thought I’d  just write a song for it and I’ll play it at the event. I wanted the song to be [a] hopeful type thing and I couldn’t find a lot of songs on that and so I thought I’d just write one.”

Q: When is it?

A: “It’s Oct 27 in Ferguson 100 from 5:30 pm to 7pm. They are going to have this really cool art where they put up a plank and put chains on them. They are going to have the pledge on the chains and at the end of the performance they are going to break the chains against violence.”

Q: What are your goals?

A: “As a performer I want to write songs that are relatable to people I want them to feel something when they hear my music. I want them to hear my songs and be like ‘Oh that’s a Brittany song’ you know how people do with Taylor Swift. I want people to take time to listen to it. It’s not just the music it’s the lyrics. These are super personal songs and I’m not just writing songs just to write them, I write them because I feel something and I have to put it on paper. I want people to know they aren’t the only one going through things. I want to have my own band. I also want to do modeling and acting so almost nothing to do with what I am doing in school *laughs *. I am working on recording an EP and I hope that by the time I graduate I will have it finished.”

Brittany Davis is on facebook

And Instagram: @its_brittany_d

a writer and editor for the UNCG chapter of Her Campus.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.