This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

How much time do you spend studying a week? 10 hours? 15 hours? As students this is a very important aspect of our lives, and it leads to success. But the amount of time spent studying means nothing if you do not have the right environment to do so. This comes down to a few things, all pertaining to what works best for you. When choosing a study spot you have to consider how quiet you need the area to be, whether you want to snack while you work, and what kind of work space you need. With these in mind, consider these study spots around campus.

The Jackson Library

This is the obvious choice for your studying needs, the floors get quieter as you get higher in the tower, making them the ideal locations for almost any kind of studier. However, the library gets full, and sometimes your ideal environment just has no space left for you, so where do you go then?

EUC Food Court

The food court, located in the Elliot University Center, is perfect for those of us who like to snack and work at the same time. In the mornings and the evenings when things are slow, there are plenty of tables where students often spread out and work while eating a meal or snack. I do not recommend trying to study here during the middle of the day because it is packed, but once things calm down it is moderately quiet and stocked with all the snacks you need!

Outside

Here at UNCG we have a beautiful campus. When the weather is nice, taking advantage of this is a great idea. Sunny days make even the most boring topics bearable. However nice days mean that lots of people are out, so be sure to find a little place where you can focus and do what you need to do. Unfortunately, if a desk or table is a must-have for you this is not your best option.

Take a couple hours this week to try out a new study spot, especially if your study sessions seem to be going poorly. A change of scenery can make all the difference in how focused and successful you are in completing your goals. Be sure to explore the many hidden gems around campus and figure out what works best for you. Your future self will thank you!

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.