This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Last week the chancellor sent out an email detailing how important it is to remain unified as a University during these next few weeks as people are responding to the results of the election. No matter what candidate you voted for, these past few days have been hard just from the response of hurt that is circulating around campus. Here are some ways to cope with the election blues.

1. Cry.

This is an obvious response for some but know that there is no shame in it. Go ahead and get it out. There is no time limit in which you should stop crying. Do it and do it often.

2. Do you.

Everyone is affected differently by this election result. Don’t be afraid to cope in the way you need. Whether it’s not talking about it or talking about it all the time; Standing up or resting, whatever is most healthy for you is the best you can do.

3. Support.

Stand with those who feel oppressed. Give hugs. Protect those you love and give comfort to those who need it. Lift each other up.

4. Engage.

Get involved in campus activities, clubs, and club sports. Talk to classmates and teachers. Stay tuned on the developments of the newly elected president. Read current events.

5. Love.

Perhaps the most important thing to do is love each other. Show love to those it’s hard to show love to. Love intensely and love a lot.

No matter what, do what is best for you and be sure to check in with friends. Keep in mind that UNCG provides free counseling if needed.

a writer and editor for the UNCG chapter of Her Campus.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.