This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

I think we can all agree that fall is the coziest season of the year, a beautiful time when the leaves burn red, orange, and yellow and the air feels nice and crisp. As you prepare to journey home or hibernate in your dorm this fall break, here are some classic fall movies that will get you into the spirit of the season.

1.       You’ve Got Mail

In this timeless story from Nora Ephron, independent bookstore owner Kathleen Kelly is struggling to keep her business open when massive company Fox Books sets up shop right down the road. She then begins an anonymous online friendship with Joe Fox, the owner of Fox Books, and the two must figure out how to balance their businesses and maintain a relationship with a person they have never met. Starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, this film is full of fall imagery in New York City and shows how the changing seasons can affect a relationship.

Best Quote: “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.”

2.       Good Will Hunting

This movie stars Matt Damon as MIT janitor, Will Hunting, who has the IQ of a genius, and Stellan Skarsgard as Professor Gerald Lambeau, who notices that Will could be doing more with his life. When Will gets himself into trouble with the law, Lambeau steps in and arranges for him to meet with therapist Sean Maguire, who is played by Robin Williams. With his help, Will learns how his rough background has shaped his life and sees the full potential of what his future could be.

Best Quote: “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.”

3.       When Harry Met Sally

Another classic love story from Nora Ephron, this movie examines the relationships between men and women and asks the question “Can men and women truly be just friends?” After sharing a car ride from Chicago to New York, Harry Burns (Billy Crystal) and Sally Albright (Meg Ryan) endure ten years of chance encounters and missed connections until they are finally brought together by the help of their best friends, Jess and Marie. From here, they attempt to maintain a friendly relationship without letting feelings of romance and lust get in the way.

Best Quote: “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”

4.       Dead Poets Society

This movie begins with teacher John Keating, portrayed by Robin Williams, who has just started at an all-boys preparatory school known widely for its adherence to tradition and rules. However, as he begins to use unique teaching methods to reach his students, he receives a lot of backlash from parents and school officials. Fighting against what is expected of him, Keating encourages his students to step out of their comfort zones, build their confidence, and chase after their dreams despite the pressure of society telling them to conform.

Best Quote: “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”

5.       Love Story

This film represents the classic tale of a very wealthy man who falls in love with a middle-class woman, much to the disappointment of his parents. However, this story is not your average fairy tale. Just when Oliver Barrett IV and Jenny Cavilleri settle down and think they are in for a lifetime of bliss, they find out that Jenny has a terminal illness and must figure out how to deal with this dismal diagnosis. This love story is set at Harvard University in the fall and embodies what it means to be young and in love.

Best Quote: “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”

My name is Isabella Whitehead, but I mostly go by Bella. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies. I have been a part of the Her Campus UNCG team since Fall 2017 and will be stepping up this year as a Co-Campus Correspondent. Writing is a passion of mine and I enjoy working with HerCampus to inform, entertain and empower my fellow students.