10 Times Brooklyn 99 Made You Laugh, Cry or Both.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Brooklyn 99 is arguably one of the best comedies on TV at the moment, with a diverse cast, smart dialogue and endless humor, it came as a shock to all that Fox canceled the series back in May. But in a heroic move, NBC swept in and picked the show up for a sixth season. While the release date hasn’t been announced yet, it has been announced that NBC has extended the show to be 18 episodes this season, instead of the original 13. Which means we’ll get five extra episodes of Jake and Amy! Not to mention Hitchcock and Scully! So while we patiently wait for the new season, here are some of my favorite moments of the past five seasons.

10. The First Halloween Heist – Season 1 Episode 6

This episode sets the tone for the rest of the Halloweens at the Nine-Nine. Plus it shows you how smart Peralta actually is.

9. Rosa Tells Holt to Bone – Season 4 Episode 8

It’s a classic: Holt freaks out, Amy is mortified, and Rosa just keeps it real. Plus it turns out she was right all along.

8. Holt and Peralta in Witness Protection – Season 4 Episodes 1, 2, 3

These episodes leave you on the edge of your seat, you don’t know if the Nine-Nine will save Jake and Holt in time! Plus the frosted tips are as terrible as they’ve always been.

7. The Jimmy Jab Games – Season 2 Episode 3

You get to see another fun side to the precinct, plus the flirting between Amy and Jake is everything you want.

6. When Jake Takes Amy on The Worst Date Ever – Season 1, Episode 13

Sparks are flying!! Amy and Jake are too cute on a date, even if it’s terrible, and you see Jake start to fall for Amy.

5. Everything about Adrian Pimento – Season 3 Episode 17

Adrian Pimento is absolutely crazy, and his fast romance with Rosa Diaz is equally hilarious and frightening.

4. Rosa Coming Out – Season 5 Episode 9

When Rosa tells Boyle that she is bisexual this is a huge moment of vulnerability for her character and a good example of LGBTQ+ representation in the entertainment industry because Stephanie Beatriz, who plays Rosa, is actually bisexual herself.  

3. Hitchcock and Scully’s Friendship – Every Episode

They may be gross, but they have a strong friendship that is actually kind of admirable – if you can look past all their grossness.

2. Holt and Wuntch’s Feud – Season 2 Episode 2

The best thing out of this feud is the array of Holt’s insults – they only get better with time.

1.  When Jake Proposes to Amy – Season 5 Episode 4

This is probably the cutest moment ever. Not only do they both love the Halloween Heist, but no one was expecting it and it’s actually the perfect way for them to get engaged.

I am a student at UNC-Greensboro and am double majoring in International and Global Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies with minors in Dance and Spanish. I have always had a passion for writing, and love being involved on campus. I recently studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa and hope to go back some day.