Homemade Coffee
Homemade Coffee
Amy Cho / Spoon
Life > Experiences

You Need to Know About This KC Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

A few months ago, a coworker donated a box of Long Lost Cold Brew to me because they knew I was likely to drink it. Having never heard of the Kansas City local company, I was intrigued by the galactic design on the box, as well as the concept as a whole. Cold brew in a box? Sign me up. I don’t drink wine, so the opportunity to dispense my drinks out of a box comes rarely. Like I said above, Long Lost Cold Brew is a Kansas City local coffee company. But did I mention that they deliver the coffee to your door?

First of all, the coffee tastes great. It’s bold, strong and dark. Once I drank my first box, I signed up immediately for regular deliveries. And after playing around with different creamer-to-sugar-to-coffee ratios, I have mastered my ultimate cup of Joe in the mornings. The best part is, I don’t have to leave my house for a strong, tasty cold brew drink that I’d normally pay $6 for. I add vanilla-flavored oat milk creamer to my cup, and sometimes sprinkle some sugar over top. The cold brew has such a robust flavor that I don’t want to cover it! As suggested by their name, Long Lost produces cold brew only, so if you’re a hot coffee drinker, they may not be the brand for you. Still, the flavor and convenience may be enough to switch you to the cold side. 

Long Lost offers four different delivery plans. I’ve found “The Moderate” to be best-suited to my lifestyle! Long Lost delivers my 3-liter bag-in-a-box of coffee every two weeks for $33. But if you need it to come more or less frequently, there is a different plan for you. Each box contains 14 servings, which averages out to about a cup of cold brew a day for me. Some days I drink more than that, and some days I crave something from the local Starbucks — I’m only human. “The Moderate” plan has worked perfectly for my caffeine routine. 

I love that Long Lost is a company that allows me to support a local business from the comfort of my own home. For years, I was spending money on big-brand coffee from the grocery store that didn’t taste nearly as good as Long Lost does. Take it from someone who takes their morning coffee seriously — you need to order your first box now.

Haley Sakuma is a senior at University of Missouri-Kansas City studying communications with an emphasis in journalism and interpersonal communication. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for the UMKC chapter of Her Campus, and her favorite articles to write are blog-style with a personal touch of humor.