This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Fellow ‘Swifties,’ otherwise known as Taylor Swift fans, have been waiting months for the re-release of the beloved album, “Red.” Swift, who has been through personal and legal struggles in regards to the rights of her music, has taken it upon herself to re-record all her albums. “Red” is her fourth album, and one that’s been deemed a fan favorite. In anticipation for the re-release, it only feels right to give each zodiac sign a lyric that fits them best. 

aries: “I’m walking fast through the traffic lights / Busy streets and busy lives / And all we know is touch and go / We are alone with our changing minds”

Aries are whirlwind, always hurling toward the next thing. They’re passionate, but fleeting. This isn’t always a negative thing. Their technicolor atmosphere is so lively and they impart creative ideas, thoughts and an appreciation to find gratitude in small moments.

Taurus: “’Cause darling, it was good / Never looking down / And right there where we stood / Was holy ground”

Tauruses are known to be indulgent, but frank. They notice when things may be a bad idea, poorly executed or wrong. Somehow they manage to dance through those hard places and look back at them with a sense of grandeur and lessons learned. 

Gemini: “We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time / It’s miserable and magical, oh, yeah”

Geminis are innately dynamic, always feeling and acting in dichotomous ways at once. Their easy nature allows them to (usually) go with the flow and find fun in the rough parts of life.

Cancer: “And I almost brought him up / But you start to talk about the movies / That your family watches every single Christmas / And I want to talk about that”

Cancers may have a tendency to fixate on the past, especially if they feel as though they’ve been hurt in some way. However, they’re quick to warm up to people and are innate nurturers. Getting to know the little things about others is how they show their love.

Leo: “In the angel’s city, chasing fortune and fame / And the camera flashes make it look like a dream / You had it figured out since you were in school / Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool”

Leos know what people expect of them. They’re impressive and somehow always seem to get it right. In a way, Leos are performers, who love the appraisal. Truly though, their strength is understanding what people are searching for in everyone else.

Virgo: “The delicate beginning rush / The feeling you can know so much / Without knowing anything at all”

They’re known for being overly logical, but when tangible facts aren’t there, Virgos’ understanding of the world and energy around them is intact. Virgos can be hesitant though, untrusting of those coming closer to them. It’s a protective measure from the rushing, out of control feeling that can come from not knowing what lies ahead.

Libra: “And they tell you that you’re lucky, but you’re so confused / ‘Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used”

Libras are often depicted as glossy, delightful and elegant. Deep down (okay, maybe not that deep) there is a desire to be adored and liked. This can lead Libras to be people pleasers and perhaps too dismissive of negative behavior in an attempt to keep the peace.

Scorpio: “And time is taking its sweet time erasing you / And you’ve got your demons / And darling, they all look like me”

Scorpios are prone to rumination and obsessive thinking. Getting over something or someone can be a lengthy journey. On the opposite side, they can be very remarkable and imprinting— making the journey just as hard for others.

Sagittarius: “This slope is treacherous / This path is reckless / This slope is treacherous / And I-I-I like it”

Sagittarians are bold and brave. They take stride in the unknown and are always searching for an adventure. When it comes to the intimidating parts of life (or perhaps situations that aren’t the best idea), a Sagittarius will find exhilaration and perspective.

Capricorn: “And it would be a fine proposition / If I was a stupid girl / And, yeah, I might go with it / If I hadn’t once been just like her”

Capricorns are strong and certain. Confronting the wrong is not something they shy away from. They don’t often admit to cuts or stings from others, but they’re quick to call it out when someone else is in their place.

Aquarius: “And all we are is skin and bone / Trained to get along / Forever going with the flow / But you’re friction”

They’re known for being free thinkers, easy going and certainly intelligent. Aquarians can have a subtle layer of eminence, though. Their magnetism toward feelings, things and people they don’t understand is a good challenge for them.

Pisces: “Memorizing him was as / Easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song / Fighting with him was like / Trying to solve a crossword and realizing there’s no right answer”

Pisceans have a strong sense of knowing. They can see people as who they are so clearly and always find a way to resonate with what they find.

Whether you believe in astrology or not, it can be perceived with humor and fun. If it happens to resonate, then the more the merrier. Most importantly, do not forget to take a listen to “Red (Taylor’s Version)” on November 12 (although I doubt any Swifties or astrology h*es  would let you).

Lily is currently in her fourth semester at UMKC's in their Masters in Counseling program. Whenever she can be with friends she is, when she's not she enjoys reading and doing yoga. Lily has a passion for human rights, mental health, pop-culture and writing.