This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

I have lived in Kansas City for a couple years now, and in my time here, I have checked out multiple places to eat/get takeout food. If you are like me, studying takes up much of your time, not leaving much time to take a break and go out to eat. This means when you do go out for food, it better be worth it. Here is a list of restaurants in the KC area that I have enjoyed a lot:

True Food Kitchen 

I have been to a couple birthday parties here, and I have always liked the food. There are a lot of  healthy options to enjoy, and I especially love the ambiance of the restaurant. It is also a perfect restaurant for people who have dietary restrictions like vegetarian and gluten free eating. 

Address: 4749 Pennsylvania Ave, Kansas City, MO 64112

My favorite thing on the menu: Korean Noodle Bowl 

Parlor 

Parlor is similar to a food court, with multiple restaurants from many different cultures. I have tried several  of the food stands there, and all of it  tastes great. I love it because you can order things from multiple places all at once. There is also live music that makes for a great vibe at Parlor. This restaurant (or mini restaurants) is perfect for a night out with friends. 

Address: 1707 Locust St, Kansas City, MO 64108

My favorite thing on the menu: Mac and Cheese from KC Mac and Co. 

The Pizza Shuttle

This restaurant downtown KC has a variety of pizzas. It is different from other places because of its unique menu. There is also parking right behind the restaurant, which I really appreciated.

Address: 1801 Baltimore Ave, Kansas City, MO 64108

My favorite thing on the menu: Trixie’s Jalapeno Popper 

Chuy’s 

Located on the Plaza, Chuy’s has Tex-Mex food with a lot of great options. This is a great spot for dinner, lunch or even takeout.

Address: 209 W 46th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64112

My favorite thing on the menu: The veggie burrito with the Boom-Boom sauce

These are a few of the many great places to eat in KC. I really enjoy going out to eat with my friends after exams or as a study break, and these restaurants are perfect for it. I hope you  enjoy these places to eat or find a new favorite menu item.

Hi! My name is Shreevarsha and I am currently a third year in the 6 year B.A./M.D. program at UMKC! My hobbies include doing art and reading!