This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

When the winter weather rolls around, we all look forward to pulling out those fuzzy sweaters from storage. To match them, we also update our casual and glam makeup looks to reflect this chilly, pumpkin laden season. Below, I’m excited to share five of my beauty favorites that I think you’ll love rocking this fall.

1. Glow Recipe Pink Juice Watermelon Moisturizer

As someone who has sensitive and acne-prone skin, I like to keep an eye out for the best moisturizers on the block. Glow Recipe has definitely won my heart (and my skin) over with this watermelon-scented beauty. It is less creamy than most mainstream moisturizers, but it leaves your skin with a perfect, dewy shine.

2. Bite Beauty Agave Sugar Lip Scrub

When the fall weather starts to turn dry as we creep closer to winter, many of us are left stranded with dehydrated and chapped lips that make putting on lipstick for a night out a major dilemma. This scrub uses sugar as the main exfoliator and is organic. It has been a lifesaver for me this fall and keeps all my matte lipsticks looking as fresh as they did in the summer.

3. Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick Gingerbread Man

Yes, this lipstick was released last fall, but it was sold out everywhere. With more stock in, this season is the best time to give it a spin. Not only does this lipstick smell deliciously of gingerbread, but the red-brown tones also match well with a wide variety of looks and skin tones. This beauty’s only drawback is the learning curve for the application that is associated with most of Too Faced’s melted matte lipsticks. The best method is a quick, single coat application, as extra coats and touch-ups can make it look lumpy and uneven. But once you are past this hump, it is smooth sailing from there.

4. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

As winter rolls around, those summer tans fade and can leave many of us looking washed out. A good bronzer is the key to keeping those winter looks warm and contoured. When using the Chocolate Soleil, a little goes a long way, making it a cost-efficient purchase to get you through this whole season.

5. The Nubian Palette by Juvia’s Place

Nudes are my go-to shades for a daily look or a night out. The Nubian Palette has a perfect mix of glittery and matte shades and a combination of yellow and red undertones. All twelve of the included shades are hyper-pigmented and the low price tag makes this a steal to create the perfect fall look.

A new makeup look can really brighten the dreary winter season. Mixing up your makeup looks is a great way to keep yourself looking fresh and glowing all season. With these new products in mind, you can face winter fearlessly.

Chloe is a senior at UMKC studying English, WGSS, and pre-law, and is a writer in the Her Campus chapter at UMKC. In her free time she enjoys trying fun teas and rereading the same battered copies of Harry Potter and To Kill a Mockingbird. You can find her occupying the corner of a local coffee shop or the aisles of a used book store.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.