Baseball Season Comes to a Close for the Kansas City Royals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Royals baseball has sadly come to a close for the season. I know fans (myself included) are thinking, now what?

The Kansas City Royals had a rough time throughout this season as the team was in their “rebuilding” stage. We lost players like Eric Hosmer, Lorenzo Cain, and Mike Moustakas, who have been with the team for years and are well-loved by everyone in Kansas City (KC). Many fans were sad to see them go but as the new players began to trickle in, I realized that KC would find new players to love. Even though the team statistically did not accomplish a lot as a whole, second baseman Whit Merrifield achieved a huge milestone in his career as he was named the Major League Leader for hits (192) and stolen bases (44). Also, the Royals played their best towards the end of the season once they acquired a few new players and got into the swing of things (literally). I am looking forward to seeing what the team will do in 2019 and am hoping for another World Series!

While waiting, here are a few ways to keep the baseball blues away:

1. Follow previous Kansas City Royals players such as Mike Moustakas and Lorenzo Cain with the Milwaukee Brewers throughout their October season.
  2. Get excited for FanFest 2019! This event will be held at the Kansas City Convention Center on Friday, January 25 and Saturday, January 26. This is a fun event where fans can meet their favorite boys in blue!
  3. Continue following the Royal’s Facebook page and Twitter for information on events and Spring Training.
  4. Make a countdown till Opening Day! Opening Day will be held at Kauffman Stadium on March 28 2019.
Hana Matthys is a recent graduate from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Hana enjoys going to concerts, spending time with friends and attending sporting events.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.