This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

For many of us, putting together the perfect costume is one of the best parts of Halloween. Whether we purchase or DIY, dressing up is a great way for us to explore our more creative sides. And while it’s fun to pick costumes for ourselves, it can be even more exciting to pick costumes for our pets! Not every pet enjoys wearing costumes, but if you have a pet that tolerates it, the results can be anywhere from adorable to downright hilarious. So without further ado, I proudly present a compilation of my personal favorite Halloween costumes for pets.

1. 

Photo courtesy of @norbertthedog on Instagram

A classic monkey costume that’s so cute it’s bananas!

2. 

Photo courtesy of @charles_the_dragon on Instagram

DIY costumes can be challenging, but this creative handmade bumble BEEarded dragon costume nails it!

3. 

Photo courtesy of @dialmformorgan on Instagram

It wouldn’t be Halloween without a pumpkin, and this orange tabby looks GOURDgeous in her costume.

4. 

Photo Courtesy of @stellamaxpig on Instagram

This costume is a bit darker than the other costumes, but this 100 percent pork mini-pig still gets points for creativity and cuteness!

5. 

Photo courtesy of @julsprev on Instagram

Black cats and bats are traditionally seen as spooky, but this cute bat-kitten costume shows there’s nothing to be afraid of.

6. 

Photo courtesy of @sometimescarl on Instagram

An injury should never keep your pet from enjoying Halloween! This “pup-tini” is a simple way to jazz up any cone of shame.

7. 

Photo courtesy of Patrick Concannon

Food costumes might be overdone, but this cat’s costume is really something to taco-bout!

Halloween isn’t just for cats or dogs, any animal can join in on the fun. Keep in mind that pets should be comfortable in their costumes, and even if your pet doesn’t like costumes there are many other ways to celebrate the holiday. So whether your pet is going as candy corn, Captain America, or costume-free, have a great (and spooky) Halloween!

Julia is currently majoring in psychology with a minor in political science at UMKC. She serves as the Social Media Director of the UMKC chapter of Her Campus. Some of her favorite things include baking, feminism, and listening to Hayley Kiyoko. Upon graduation, she hopes to attend graduate school to ultimately become a clinical psychologist.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.