photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

You Are Never Too Old to Celebrate Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Halloween: A time for candy, costumes, pumpkins and scary movies on repeat.

Halloween is one of the best times out of the entire year. Many people see the holiday as more for children, but the excitement of the holiday can be shared by everyone, no matter what age. In my opinion, you are never too old to celebrate Halloween.

Halloween is not just about trick-or-treating and costumes, it is about celebrating the season of fall and getting into the mood of the holiday spirit. The holiday gives us something to celebrate all month long with family and friends.

Pumpkin patches, Halloween parties, haunted houses and fall festivals are just some of the great events that take place all month long where we can spend time with the important people in our lives.

The holiday also brings a sense of joy and childhood into your life again each year. Once a year, you get to escape your real life and step into the world of someone else when you dress up as your favorite fictional character. We also get to binge watch our favorite childhood Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloweentown and Casper the Friendly Ghost.

The season of Halloween lets us tap into our creative side, which we do not get to do very often because of work or school. We get to create silly or intricate costumes for ourselves and friends. We get to carve and decorate loads of pumpkins all season long.

The season reminds us that we are never too old to believe in a little magic and get a little spooky from time to time.

Halloween helps us remember how simple things like pumpkins and candy can bring so much joy into everyday life, even if it is just for a month. Halloween is a time for everyone, both children and adults alike to enjoy the magical aspects of the holiday season. No matter if you are eight or 80, you are never too old to celebrate Halloween!

As junior at the University of Kentucky, I study Integrated Strategic Communication with a focus in Public Relations. I aspire to be a public relations professional for a healthcare facility that works to positively impact the lives of children, families and the community. My experience as a PR/Marketing intern at the UK International Center has helped me to gain valuable skills in creating promotional digital and print materials for an organization as well communicating to an organization's target audiences. My position as a Resident Advisor as also allowed me to grow my event planning, public communication and creative marketing skills. My top strengths include achiever, developer, futuristic, responsibility and learner.