Why All-Black Outfits Aren’t Boring, But Super Chic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Last weekend, I was getting ready for a party and had absolutely no idea what to wear (which isn’t all that abnormal).

Standing in front of my closet, I wanted an outfit that was sophisticated, but also fun. I finally decided on my black leather jacket, black sequined jumpsuit and black T-strap sandals. Along with large black bewejeled earrings and a slight smoky eye, my look was complete.

Easy, but oh-so-chic.

When I got to the party, I did get a few weird looks from a couple of friends. I definitely turned a few heads, most in confusion. It turns out, wearing all black isn’t exactly an accepted practice here in the bluegrass. And, I can’t seem to figure out why.

Black is a great neutral, but when it’s the only color you wear, you stand out.

Again, super chic. And, I challenge you all to try it out.

I’ve picked out a few of my favorite all-black outfits, which are included below. The next time you’re debating what to wear, pull up this article. All-black isn’t boring or funeral-like; it’s the next big trend, which (hopefully) will sweep the blugrass state.

I love the contrast between the soft sweater and the sleek leather. It’s a cute-meets-comfort combo!

Adding a hat or opting for a maxi skirt creates more of a boho look. Definitely try it out!

I’m totally going to buy the black jersey. Pair with a skirt or palazzo pants and bam! Instant outfit!!

Formal wear can be all-black, too. With red lipstick, you’ll be the party’s best dressed, no questions asked.

This is by far my favorite all-black look. I may wear this exact outfit out in the next few weeks, so don’t act too surprised…

Photo credits:

louwhatwear.com

www.popsugar.com

www.polyvore.com

crooze.info

www.becomegorgeous.com

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).