Meet Hannah Woosley, Her Campus UK Marketing and Publicity Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo Provided By Hannah Woosley

Name: Hannah Woosley

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Georgetown, Ky

Q: What is your position with Her Campus? (Staff writer, Executive Board member, etc.)

A: I am a staff writer and marketing director.

Q: How did you get involved with the club and why?

A: My good friend, Abbie, who also writes for Her Campus UK reached out to me and said this would be the perfect opportunity since I am a journalism major.

Q: What is your favorite part about being a writer?

A: I have found that expressing myself through writing is much easier than talking. I also love the positive feedback I receive from my articles since they are published online and through social media.

Q: Any challenges about being a writer?

A: The main challenge is always coming up with a story I believe will interest viewers.

Q: Are you involved in other clubs on campus? If so, which ones?

A: I am not involved in other clubs on campus, but I am always open to joining clubs that interest me.

Q: What is your dream job?

A: A photojournalist.

Q: Hobbies?

A: My spare times is filled with enjoying nature in any way possible, taking photographs, spending time with my friends and writing, writing and more writing!

Q: Any advice for new students?

A: Involve yourself in campus life and activities. It will make a huge difference in your time at university!

Q: What is your favorite memory so far at UK?

A: Meeting new people that I now call my friends and increasing my writing skills.

Hannah Woosley is a senior at the University of Kentucky majoring in print journalism and minoring in history. She is a staff writer and co-editor for Her Campus UK. She is also a columnist and assistant opinions editor for UK’s student-run school newspaper, The Kentucky Kernel. In her free time, she enjoys being outdoors hiking, swimming and practicing yoga. She adores animals and has two, six-year-old cats. You can catch Hannah writing an article, watching her favorite shows on Netflix, drinking an iced coffee or enjoying some time outdoors.