Katia Davis, Social Media Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Katia Davis

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Salyersville, Ky

Her Campus: What is your position with Her Campus? 

I am a writer for the site and the new social media director.

Her Campus: How did you get involved with the club?

I got involved when I received an email from the journalism listserv about the university’s chapter looking for writers. After a lot of consideration and checking out the site I decided that it would not hurt to give it a try, so here I am.  

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about being a writer?

My favorite part about being a writer is that it makes me feel happy. It is something that I can do to express myself and put my voice out there. I have always loved writing and I hope to do it as a career.

Her Campus: Any challenges? 

The biggest challenges for me is coming up with story ideas and actually believing in myself. I am very self-conscious of the things that I write and I am always wondering if it is good enough. I am slowly starting to get over that, but it will take a while.

Her Campus: Are you involved in other clubs on campus? 

When I can I am involved with the sing dance club and occasionally write for the Ky Kernel. I am also a Robinson Scholar.

Her Campus: What is your dream job?

My dream job is to work for something that is a part of Condé Nast, preferably Vogue. I also would not mind working for Cosmopolitan. I love the content that they produce and how colorful and lively the magazines are.   

Her Campus: Hobbies?

I like to write, swing dance, hang out with friends and explore downtown, and I am a caffeine addict (soda pop).  

Her Campus: Advice to new students?

My advice to new students is to not let the campus overwhelm you. I had a hard time finding my place at first, but everything fell into place. I have never felt more at home. Also, if you are having a hard time making friends, don’t be too hard on yourself. You will find yourself here and you will be happy when you do.  

Her Campus: Favorite memory so far at UK?

My favorite memory so far happened last year. My friends and I had been eating at K-Lair and we did not really want to go home, so we went up to the top floor of the parking structure close to K-Lair. For some reason we ended up laying on the floor of the structure and looking at the stars, holding hands and we started singing and it started to rain a little. I know, it sounds crazy, but it was hilarious and fun.

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."