This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Hometown- Louisville

Position– Graduate Resident Director for Kirwan Four

What got you involved in 4 Paws for Ability?

I first heard about 4 Paws from applying to be an RA (resident advisor) for the first time.

What’s the greatest thing and hardest thing about being involved in 4 Paws?

The graduation for the dogs after they go through training. We get to meet the family, and see the dogs interact with them. Giving the dogs back at the end of the semester has to be the hardest. The dogs become your best friend. But seeing them with the families makes everything worth it.

How could others get involved with 4 Paws?

They can visit the 4 Paws Facebook, 4 Paws at UK and website http://4pawsforability.org for more details.

While being involved around campus, what other hobbies have you taken up?

I am a freelance photographer. I love creating things that people would enjoy and capturing  true emotions through pictures. I also love to bake, especially cupcakes and creating different kinds of decorations for the cupcakes. And I love downloading fonts.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself teaching at a University. I am currently getting my masters in Art Administration.

What motivates you?

My parents. They’re always proud, but I want to get to the point of them seeing me grown up. Them seeing me achieving my goal, and being 100% proud of me.

Favorite memory at UK so far?

My first year as an RA. We were all so close and got along, and still talk today. People thought we were in our own little world.

Twenty year old ISC major taking life day to day through a Polaroid camera.
My name is Sydney E. Baker, but mostly people call me Slim. As a junior at the University of Kentucky, I am pursuing a B.A in Integrated Strategic Communication (a mouthful I know but I wouldn't have it any other way). During my studies, I am focused on building my professional self - which basically means staying so busy that I hardly get a wink of sleep. I previously served as the Campus Correspondent for the UK chapter of Her Campus and before that I was only a writer. To know more about me visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/sydneyebaker.