Career

Fun Ideas for a No Spend Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo by Anthony Tran

As college students, we want to make the most of the years ahead of us, as we will never be this young or have this much freedom ever again. We want to make these years memorable! However, what do you do when the enthusiasm is high but the funds are low? Try a No-Spend weekend, where both your wallet and your heart will be happy! Here are some fun ideas for your next budget-friendly plans!

• Raid your kitchen and try out new recipes with friends! Use a website like Supercook to find recipes that match ingredients you have around the house and taste-test new recipes! You just might have a new favorite.

• Go hiking on a local trail or national park. Need some Vitamin D or even just some fresh air? Grab your girls and go on a nature hike! Enjoy the serenity of the great outdoors with some great friends.

• Dive into a good book…just for fun! Pick up a good book you’ve been dying to read, curl up, and relax. It does not even have to be for class.

• Have an in-home spa day. Treat yourself! Look up recipes on Pinterest for face masks and try one out. Give yourself a manicure/pedicure and unwind.

• Last but not least…Netflix and chill. It’s a classic, but it’s a classic for a weekend. Grab some snacks, blankets and your laptop and binge watch Grey’s Anatomy for the third time.

Remember that college memories don’t always equate with money being spent. Just grab the people who make the memories worth making and do what makes you happy.