5 Alcoholic Thanksgiving Drinks To Be Thankful For This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Thanksgiving is the time of year to express thanks for great family, good friends and even better food. It is one of the few days of the year where eating as many rolls and as much turkey as you possibly can without any judgement. Families reunite after possibly not seeing each other for months and can catch up over food and football. But what is a celebration without a alcoholic drinks to spice up the holiday season? Try out a few of these recipes with your friends and family this Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving’s a Breeze Seabreeze

Ingredients:

• 1 cup of orange juice

• 1 cup of cranberry juice

• 1 cup of vodka (any kind)

• Mint for garnish

Fill a chilled pitcher with the mixed juice and vodka. Fill the pitcher with ice. Pour the drink into the desired amount of cups and add the mint garnish on top. For an added Thanksgiving touch, add a small layer of cranberry sauce at the bottom of each cup before adding the Thanksgiving Seabreeze drink.

The Maple Perfect Manhattan

Ingredients:

• 2 oz. rye (Knob Creek Rye is recommended)

• .5 oz. dry vermouth

• 1 tbs. of pure maple syrup

• 2 dashes bitters

• Pickled cherries

Add the rye, vermouth, maple syrup and bitters into a cocktail shaker. Shake the the drink until well mixed and then pour ice in as many glasses as desired. Skewer the cherries and add them to the glasses. Enjoy your Thanksgiving twist on a Manhattan!

Cranberry Champagne Cocktail

Ingredients:

• 1 oz. sweetened cranberry juice

• Lime wedges

• Champagne or sparkling wine

• Frozen cranberries

Start of your drink with a chilled champagne flute. Add the cranberry juice and then add a squeeze of the lime. Next, fill the remaining part of the flute with champagne for a lovely, fall-colored ombre. Top off your festive drink with three or four cranberries and enjoy!

Spiked Apple Cider

Ingredients:

• ¼ gallon of apple cider

• .5 cup of dark rum

• .5 cup of lemon juice

• .5 cup of cinnamon Schnapps

• 1 granny Smith apple peeled and cut into chunks

Mix the alcohol and cider into large pitcher and mix. Then place the apple chunks into a small bowl and toss them with lemon juice sprinkled on top of them. Slide the finished apple chunks on to wooden skewers. Take the spiked cider and pour into the desired amount of glasses filled with ice. Add the apple skewers for a finishing touch.

Pumpkin Pie Martini

Ingredients

• .5 oz. o Stoli Vanilla (optional)

• 1 oz. of Pumpkin Spice liqueur

• .5 oz. Kahlua

• .5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps

• .5 oz half-and-half

• Crushed graham crackers

• Cinnamon sticks

Pour all the liquids into a shaker filled with ice. Shake until properly mixed. Rim the martini glasses with the crushed graham cracker and add the drink. Garnish the cocktail with the cinnamon drink and enjoy the perfect dessert drink after a great Thanksgiving dinner!

All of these festive drinks will add an alcoholic touch to your Thanksgiving this year. Whether you are celebrating with family, friends or just by yourself, these drinks will definitely have you a little extra thankful this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving!

Megan Rohrbach is a senior at the University of Kentucky. She is majoring in print journalism and minoring in criminology. Her dream jobs include working for the FBI, book publishing and writing for a women's magazine. When she's not in class or writing, she can be found watching her favorite Netflix shows, taking lots of naps, raving about the Ohio State Buckeyes and trying out a new makeup look. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @themegmeg37.