Things to Do to Become a Better Person!

1. Compliment Others

It doesn’t hurt to lifts others up! With the society we live in, people can use all the love and support they can get. I like to scroll through Instagram and write little positive compliments on people’s posts. I also share videos and pictures! Aside from social media, I try my best to say nice things to my family. I might say the food was awesome or thanks for buying the groceries. Another thing you can do is compliment someone’s hair, clothing, or car. 

Open magazine with flowers and smoothie. Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels

2. Community Service

Even though COVID-19 has put restrictions on social distancing, you can still give back to your community. There are many charities and shelters that need assistance. If you can’t do that, ask your neighbors and see if they need any chores to complete. I live by a bunch of elders, so I would take out their trash or rake their leaves. You can also create blessings bags for the homeless, too! 

Grandma baking with granddaughter Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

3. Buy a Gift for Someone

You don’t need to wait until the holidays or someone’s birthday to buy them a nice gift. It doesn’t cost that much to create something nice these days. Go to your local dollar store or Target and then watch some DIY videos on social media to gain inspirational ideas. Who do you make gifts for? Think about family members or friends you haven’t spoken to in a while. Write letters to your neighbors and community leaders. 

person wrapping gift Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

4. Treat Yourself

Just because you do great deeds for others that doesn’t mean you should forget about yourself. It’s imperative that we treat ourselves often! This can be done in so many ways. I like going to the movies, out for dinner, and shopping. I also order some nice quality items off Amazon once a month. 

Self-care Photo by Maddi Bazzocco from Unsplash