Sorority Life from the Inside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

It’s the start of a new school year, ladies, which means getting involved on campus, especially if you are a freshman or transfer student. There are many options, but I’m here to give you the inside scoop on sorority life. If you’ve seen girls wearing shirts with strange letters and wondered what they were, then you have seen some of the lovely sorority sisters found on campus. Rush week has begun and every sister wants you to add a chapter to your college story! 

The Collegiate PanHellenic Council, otherwise known as CPC has five sororities that are starting recruitment next week, September 10th-13th. The sororities in CPC are Phi Sigma Sigma, Lambda Zeta Chi, Chi Sigma Omega, Alpha Sigma Tau, and Delta Phi Epsilon. All of these sororities welcome you to become a sister. You’ve probably heard all of the stereotypes about sorority girls, like that they are party animals, dumb, rich and self-absorbed. All of those stereotypes are just rumors! The sisters here at UIC are beautiful, passionate, dedicated, intelligent, respectable, caring, and selfless.

If you choose to become sister, it isn’t a commitment that ends once you graduate. It is a commitment that lasts for a lifetime. A sorority is a sisterhood, and wouldn’t you want that in your life? My life as well as those of other sorority sisters has changed for the better because we found our home on campus.  All of CPC hopes to see you at recruitment and that you find your new home in the city!

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.